The Top 5 Hackers of the World
5. Jonathan JamesJonathan James or better known as “c0mrade” was only 16 years old when he hacked into the US. He also hacked into NASA’s network and downloaded information worth $1.7 million. NASA had to shut down their system for 3 weeks and had to pay $41,000 from its own pocket for investigating the breach.
4. Kevin Mitnick He has been called “the most wanted computer criminal in the US history”. He hacked into digital equipment corporation’s network, Nokia, Motorola and Pentagon. After a 5 year prison sentence he became a consultant and public speaker for computer security.
3. Albert GonzalezAlbert Gonzalez collected over 170 million credit cards and ATM cards over 2 years. This was recorded to be the biggest credit card theft in the history of mankind. His group fabricated fraudulent passports, health insurance cards and birth certificates totaling $4.3 million stolen. He served 2 sentences of 20 years simultaneously.
2. Kevin PoulsenKevin Poulsen who was also known as “Dark Dante“, was so frantic to get a car that he infiltrated a radio shows call-in contest just so that he could win a Porsche. According to the media he was called “Hannibal lecter of computer crime”. He hacked into Federal systems and store wire tap information. He was later caught and sentenced to 51 months in prison. Now he serves as a senior editor at Wired.
1. Gary MckinnonGary mckinnon used to go by the name “Solo“. He hacked into 97 computers belonging to the US armed forces and NASA. He also thought of shaming the security forces by putting out a notice on the website that said,”Your security is crap.” He deleted the number of critical files rendering over 300 computers in operable and resulting in over $700,000 in damages.Subscribe to our YouTube channel and Follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter for latest updates.